Saturday, February 9, 2013

Co-Wash Day

I decided to do a co-wash to infuse some well needed moisture into my hair. I haven't done this in awhile, but the excitement bubbled up inside of me at the thought of put my mixologist hat on. I mixed five different conditioners, EVOO, EVCO, and eucalyptus oil. I sectioned my hair into four, then went through each section meticulously ensuring that I first saturated my new growth and line of demarcation, then the length  of my hair and ends. On my scalp I used roots of nature Shea butter green tea stimulating scalp oil. After what seemed like forever, I tied my hair under a plastic bag for a little over two hours. After showering I just simply washed the mixture out. I put a t-shirt over my hair and let it hang there until it was about 95% dry then I detangled and plait it in four for the night.


The next morning I oiled my scalp, then moisturized and sealed. I then asked my cousin to cornrow my hair in two (how I've been wearing it for the past three days).



Random Thoughts

I don't know what it was, but my scalp was unbelievably itchy while I was under the plastic bag.

My hair still feels reinforced from what I'm assuming was the effect of the protein treatment I did on Sunday with the egg mix. Something tells me that if I keep this up my hair will be stronger than it's been in awhile.

1 comment:

  1. I <3 eucalyptus! It's my favorite scent!

    Un mil besitos!

    KLP

    www.savingourstrands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete