Thursday, February 7, 2013

Stretching woes...Kinda

It's only been a month, and my new growth is KICKIN! After this last wash and my attempt to roller-set, my roots have been in a terrible mood. It is sooo compact! My mom even had to ask if I didn't just get my hair done.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the growth I'm obviously having, but this is murder for someone like me who already has a hard time styling their hair. It is now at the point where I can't get my hair into a proper bun. I don't know what to do because I don't want to use any heat. Should I throw it in braids and call it a day, or should I keep trying to figure this thing out?  Decisions, decisions.



Belle Moi

3 comments:

  1. Keep trucking! Try researching some simple protective styles that don't require your roots to be sleek and smooth. Then continue being patient and gentle with your mane! You'll be soo happy that you did when this tough time subsides. Here are a few of my faves: http://savingourstrands.blogspot.com/2013/02/l4lpsc-1st-check-in.html

    savingourstrands.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been having the same problem I can't figure out what to do to make stretching any easier. I've been unsuccessful thus far and am more worried about breakage caused from stretching than anything...

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ KLP thank you so much for your support and advice, I will be sure to check it out. @ Andrea, keeping your hair moisturized, especially the line of demarcation is key. Also, try to minimize manipulation, if you can do a style that can stay for two days minimum that would be good.

    ReplyDelete