Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Failed salon visit/ wash day

I had my mind set on visiting the salon to get my hair washed and trimmed, but alas, it was not to be. After walking in the hot sun, for who knows how long, and being soaked from head to toe with sweat, the salon was closed!!! All that sweat for nothing! I was so determined to get my ends trimmed that i called some friends to see if they had any recommendations as to where I could get a trim, not a cut. I didn't get any solid leads, and I wasn't about to entrust my tresses to just anyone, so I returned home determined that I would at least wash it myself. The fact that I strongly resembled a wet rat left me no choice, the fact that my scalp was simultaneously itching and burning also played a crucial role.

I decided not to do the long wash day process that I have become accustomed to, but opted to just shampoo and condition instead. I shampooed with hydrating macadamia oil shampoo twice, and I have to say that I was not thrilled with how my hair felt after the first application. To be honest, the first time I used this shampoo I was not impressed, but decided to give it a second try and it still hasn't wowed me the way it's brother and sister has. I then applied hydrating macadamia oil conditioner, which restored life to my tresses.

I opted to air dry because it's just too hot to use any heat right now, so as I type this post my hair is drying.

P.S. I can't wait for my sore scalp to be better.


Belle Moi

No comments:

Post a Comment